Links

Friday, November 08, 2013

Big Ole Hairy Friday

7'2" 290 lb Josh Martin
Yes it is once again that time of the week that we all look foreword to, when we can take time to cease the labors for the week and take a little bit of needed time out to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It is once again the dawn of another weekend, and a Big Ole Hairy Friday and another three day Holiday weekend as Monday is Veterans Day and a Federal Holiday.

I'm pretty sure that I will be the only one in my office today, so hopefully the day goes by quickly. I'm also running backup for a birthday boy who is off work today.

Looking for a little bit of High School Football action? Well that is what we have a little bit. Both Morgantown and University High have concluded their regular seasons and are off this week. Both will return to action next week when the first round of the playoffs start. Tonight however is the battle of the year for undefeated Clay Battelle as they take on the undefeated and #1 ranked Weirton-Madonna. Last week I talked about the Biggest Football player in the 7'2" 290 lb Josh Martin, but they play this week. I had my dates all messed up last week when I incorrectly said the game was last week.

The WVU Men's Basketball team officially kicks off their season this evening at the WVU Coliseum when they play hosts to Mount St. Mary's at 8:00. This will be the first official game of the season for the Mountaineers.

The WVU Men's Football team plays host tomorrow to a very good University of Texas team. I would imagine their fans travel well and we will soon be invaded by a bunch of Texas fans in the next 48 or so hours.

Hi ho hi ho


No comments: