Links

Thursday, March 02, 2023

Photo Flashback Thursday


Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ photos that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time that I either captured with a lens, scanned, or just stole from someplace on the internet. I like to find just one and post it up and recall or relive the picture to the best of my ability. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it has always been a whole lot of fun.

This week's pic is one that is hanging in my home, Granda and Grandpa Hall had displayed it in a place of prominence in theirs and one that I have always loved. It was taken in the early 1950's, Grandpa Hall and Bill Addis (Guitar player in back) were part of a group called the Green Mountain Boys and they recorded on the RCA Label. 

The man in the lower front holding Grandpa Hall's fiddle, well that is Steve Sholes. Steve was the President of RCA Victor at the time, but his contribution to music history came a couple years after this picture was taken. He was the man who signed many big artists to RCA, I can even remember looking through Grandpa Hall's desk once after he had died and saw a correspondence between him and Chet Atkins who was also on the same label. However Steve Sholes big claim to fame came in 1955 when he signed a young artist from Sun Records to the RCA Label. That young artist was none other than Elvis Presley. Small world isn't it. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: