Links

Saturday, July 23, 2022

RIP Tim Bowser

I got the news yesterday morning on Facebook while I was working, my oldest and dearest friend Tim Bowser has left this life. 

Tim and I go back to first grade, when we were competing with each other for who had the most medals in the school Olympics. I won 6 and came in 2nd place, Tim won a medal for all 10 events and beat me out in total medal count. 

We played Little League Baseball together for Citizens, I was OK but Tim, Tim lead all of little league in Home Runs. He was just an amazing athlete. 

We went to school together from 1st through 9th grade when I went to Morgantown and Tim went to University High. 

After that wouldn't you know we both started to work at Sterling Faucet after High School and reconnected through that work environment for 8 years. After Sterling we still hung out together a good bit, He was the Maintenance man for T&S Rentals after Wayne had passed while I was working at Helmick. 

Tim and I played Softball together on numerous teams throughout the years. From the Sterling Teams, to the Recourse teams and even Prime Thyme and MiHaley's. I had talked about bringing him on to our senior division team. 

Tim was a very good man, I was fortunate to have known him and his 13 brothers and sisters and I don't know if I've even met them all. He has a son named TJ that he loved to death. TJ played on some of the Morgantown State Championship teams and I would rib him over that because Tim Graduated from the cross town rival. 

Tim worked probably the last 20 or so years for Guttas and the Apartments on Van Voorhis Road as their maintenance man. I would always either run into him at dairy mart or Keglers and I would always honk when I seen him as I drove by. 

I am honored to have known him and it is my honor to have called him my friend. 

RIP my dear friend, you are already missed. 

No comments: