Links

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015


*  I had bought a converter to convert some old VHS tapes into Digital format. I managed to get everything that was at Jean's and covert it over. I'm still looking for any other old family VHS tapes if anyone comes across any of them. 

* Shame Lyons replaced Oliver Luck as WVU's new Athletic Director. 

* We had some really cold weather days, wind chill got as low as -15° F on a few days. 

* An old friend of mine, Terry Lake passed away. 

* Calvin McClain enrolled in his first Semester in college at Fairmont State. 

* Michelle and I headed up north on a snowy day to try to get a few pictures of my Grandmother's tombstone that she had never seen. 



*  Phil ruined my groundhogs day by seeing his Shadow.

* Michelle and I took a little road trip to Springs PA to buy some jellies and other local made goods. 

* We started a search for my long lost brother. I did come into contact with the Mother and she did provide me a significant amount of information. 

* We upgraded our old Roku to a Roku 3. I had one of the original Roku's, so old it didn't even have a number..lol



* Big snow storm early in the Month, so bad that they actually shut down the site where I work. 

* The brother search continued full steam ahead, we made a great deal of progress in March, but that was also about the time we hit a stalemate. 

* We booked our 2015 Cruise, we had originally booked with Michelle's Sister and brother in law, but things did not work out and they had to cancel. 

* Michelle and I took a road trip to Letart Falls to find her Grandfathers gravesite. We also visited the Mothman in Point Pleasant WV. 

* I posted my 4,000th Blog posts in March. 

* Road Trip to New Martinsville and then up to Moundsville. 



* My April Fools Blog was a Photo Flashback Blog on a Wednesday. Jimmy Buffet Concert on June 31st (only 30 days in June) was my topic.

* We had a road trip to Springs PA, went up to Amish Country to stock up on a few supplies.

* A BMW ran into one of Patty's apartments down the road. It was a small one bedroom house and the guy just literally drove his car right into the middle of it.

* Monongalia County Ballpark officially opened. The WVU Baseball team defeated Butler 6-5 in the inaugural game played at the new Ballpark.

* Michelle and I spent an extended weekend in Niagara Falls, we stayed on the Canadian side (we have our passports) and had a great time.

* Michelle and I did lunch at Muriales in Fairmont and were seated beside Mary Lou Retton and her husband. 



* The month of May started with a road trip to Amish County with Michelle and my Mom. Mom showed us a few new places that we had never seen before.

* I saw the first signs of something called Bursitis, it's very painful and something I will be dealing with the rest of my life.

* We taped the Pittsburgh Steelers Trivia Show that aired throughout the summer. We won the show for the third time being the shows only three time winners and the first team to ever win it back to back.

* Michelle, Pam and I all attended Brittany;s graduation from West Virginia University.

* We took a road trip and visited the Jumonville Cross just outside of Uniontown and Ohiopyle State Park.

* We took another road trip and visited the Palace of Gold just outside of Moundsville. 




* We had a cookout and a surprise Scavenger Hunt for Hayley to celebrate her Birthday. Michelle made steaks on the grill and we had a lot of fun setting the scavenger hunt up.

* My Sister Pam lost her long time family Pet Spike. Spike was St Bernard that she had had for years.

* Val had Erica and Josh's Birthday party at her home, we all attended and had a great time. Michelle and I did a lot of running around looking for green apple sour rings as a decoration for one of the set of birthday cupcakes. Found them right across the street of all places.

* The West Virginia Blackbears began their inaugural season in Morgantown, one that delivered a Championship.

* We had our first scare with Michelle, she had an attack that appeared to be a stroke and scared everyone. They initially called it a TIA or TGA, neither analysis was accurate.

* We had the 2015 Friends and Family Picnic. This was the second year for the event and it was a huge success. 



* We surprised Mom and Gerald with a new TV. They had an old one that was almost impossible to see, so all of us pitched in and got them a new flatscreen TV.

* Chad moved out of Fairmont and back in with us for a few months. It was nice to have a 12' Python in the house, it's amazing how big it has gotten. We actually treated everyone to dinner at the Pokey Dot in Fairmont one night.

* Michelle and I took a road trip that covered a few familiar places to us, Hovatters Wildlife Zoo being one of them. We also stopped at Ball's Auctions and found a great deal on a bed for Chad.

* We had another health scare with Michelle, even to this day I don't think we know what causes it other than a complex migraine due to stress.

* Mom bought a new couch and we all gave her a hand moving it into her home, we brought some big strong guys to do all the lifting for us.

* Joyce Aiken passes away. Mrs A as everyone who used financial aide at WVU would call her. She was very helpful in me getting my career started. 



* August started out with a Roadtrip to Monaca for a Birthday Party. Chad and Hayley went with us as we went up and celebrated little Jonny's Second Birthday.

* Michelle and I celebrated our Fourth Wedding Anniversary.

* Our shows for the Steelers Trivia Challenge started to air, we won the entire series of shows for the third time.

* Michelle and I with her Sister Chris and husband Jim all went to a WV Blackbears game. Something I think people need to do more of in 2016.

* We made it to yet another Jimmy Buffett Concert. It has been a yearly thing for Michelle and I since we first started dating.

* Road trip to Valley Falls, you can tell we like taking road trips.

* We attended the Johnny Koon Light up Night and Butterfly release.

* Another road trip for Michelle and I, this time to Oglebay Park and a visit to their Zoo. 



* Our Championship Round of us winning the McDonalds's KDKA Pittsburgh Steelers Trivia Show aired. Wouldn't you know we won it again...lol

* Michelle and I started out on our longest road trip of the year. It started with a trip to Baltimore and ended with us on our cruise ship to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport. I think the entire trip was like 3,600 miles, most of it by sea of course.

* During our cruise, our ship actually had an explosion, but everything was fine.

* We had to put a long time family pet down, Chloe was one pet that I was very attached to, It just got to the point where she was suffering and we couldn't see her suffer anymore. Arguably the hardest I have ever taken to losing a pet, I still miss her to this day as she and I were a couple of buddies. She seemed to always be with me.

* Brad Paisley made a stop in Morgantown to sing Country Roads before the WVU-Maryland Football game.

* The new Phoenix bakery finally opened. 



* We welcomed a new animal to the household, a kitten we called Fin joined us after Sophie was needing some Kitty Prozac missing Chloe.

* I bought an Apple TV for the bedroom. It was more than sufficient for our needs in the bedroom for TV viewing.

* My Aunt Bonita came in for a visit from Alaska. It had been close to 20 years since she had been back to Morgantown to visit Mom and their brother Robert who came in from Ohio.

* The Morgantown Balloon Festival made a return to Morgantown after a few years absence. They only got one launch off and that was a Friday afternoon, but I was glad to see it return.

* Michelle, Kim and Brittany did a DaVinci and Dessert painting class together, I think that they all had a great time together.

* Amy and Ralph hosted Halloween this year, a tractor ride around their neighborhood and a Wizard of Oz theme was enjoyed by all.




* Brittany started a new career job at WVU Hospitals. This was her first career opportunity with advancement possibilities type job since graduating from WVU in the Spring.

* With winning the Steelers Trivia Show we won tickets to a Steelers Game. Our game was the Raiders vs the Steelers which the good guys won.

* Michelle's uncle Ron had passed away after a long battle with Cancer.

* We took a day road trip to Amish Country in Ohio and took my niece Brittany with us. We all had a great time, we showed her our favorite places.

* Michelle, Pam, Kim, Terri and Val all attended the 2015 Taste of Home Cooking Show as VIP's.

* We set up Mom and Gerald's Christmas Tree up for the 2015 Christmas Season.

* Michelle and I spent Thanksgiving at the Cassville Firehall as we do every year with her Family. There was a lot of food and we all had a great time that day. 



* Sammy the Christmas Elf started wreaking havoc in the Household, he broke one of our bowls and laughed about it.

* We took one weekend out and set up our 2015 Christmas Tree as well as doing all kinds of baking (well Michelle baked, I taste tested) for the Holiday Season.

* Michelle's dad suffering from a mid-life crisis, bought a really nice new Ford Mustang.

* We traveled to East Liverpool Ohio for Michelle's family's Ohio Christmas. First stop was her Grandmothers and then followed by a trip to her Dad's.

* We went and seen Star Wars 7, the Force Awakens.

* We had a once in a decade picture taken with all of my siblings on Christmas Eve. That made my Christmas.

* I have posted a total of 409 blogs in 2015 including this one, my final one of 2015.

* See you in 2016.


Our year in Video. 


No comments: