Links

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all my pictures that I have either scanned, taken or stolen off the internet and write a little blog about one of them. Little lost moments in time that was forever captured to be shared at a later moment in time. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task, and sometimes it's not that easy, but it is always a whole lot of fun.

This weeks picture I will confess, is not that old and I did steal it from the net. It is a unique picture although. The house you see is the historic Falling Water, the Kaufman's summer home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. I just thought it was an awesome picture and immediately knew that I wanted this to be this weeks picture.

It's not that often that it happens, but it has happened a couple of times this year, but the stream that flows under the home is completely frozen over. Temperatures dropped so low, that a movie waterfall was left completely motionless. Someone captured this piece of magic and put it on Facebook for me to grab and blog about.

I've been here numerous times, but never in the wintertime to see such a marvelous sight.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: