Links

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to recover so far from a losing battle with that dreaded Sandman last night. I'm up a little later than normal watching something or another on HBO. Some young comedians special from the 80's, but being these guys were taped so long ago, would they still be young comedians?

I did get an early Christmas Present from my wonderful wife last night. After doing months of research as to what camera I was going to buy, I decided against going with a DSLR camera and choosing one that was more fit to my needs. I was about to go with the Nikon D5300 but spoke to a Professional photographer at Thanksgiving and was told about all the hassle and expenses of a DSLR. So I decided on the P520 as it has almost everything I wanted in a camera.

The one thing that I wanted that the camera didn't have was wireless wifi access. Something that would allow me or someone else to view the photo's on a smart phone and the ability to instantly post them from my camera to the internet if need be. Enter the WU-1a, my early Christmas gift from my wonderful wife, a device that solves all those needs as well as allows me to remotely take pictures or zoom in or our when away from my camera and it is on a tripod or something. I did my research beforehand and found out that my camera is the only non-DSLR camera that was compatible. It was something that made my camera transition complete.

Other than that we are headed North today. East Liverpool Ohio here we come. I'm not sure what the situation with Chad and Laiah and Hayley and Jared are, Laiah's car is having some trouble so they may just play it safe and stay home this weekend. Engine is knocking and Michelle said Chad thinks it might be getting ready to throw a rod.

According to the WVU Calender, they are doing a strange finals week this week. Finals started Thursday and will run through Wed this week before breaking for Winter Break. So, my guess is by the end of this week that the students will be gone until Wed January 8th when the Spring (I love that word) Semester begins. I think Chad finished up finals this week at Fairmont State  so he may be done until January. Michelle said he had to hand in a finals paper this past week.

Have I ever mentioned I hate snow?

East Liverpool get ready, we're on our way today.

No comments: