Links

Sunday, December 01, 2013

OK. You all got me

OK, I have to admit that I'm not an easy one to get things by on. I'm usually pretty observant about the things that go on around me whether I give any indication of it or not. I do have to say that my Wife Michelle and everyone in my family got me.

I had no idea why Michelle wanted to go out to dinner last night during the WVU game, but it was a lost season so I said why not. We'll take Hayley and Jared out to dinner at the Golden Coral, no big deal.

What my eyes saw when I got there was a total surprise. I had absolutely no idea that my wonderful wife with the help of social media was about to hand me the biggest surprise of my life and the best birthday anyone could have asked for.

I have to admit that sometimes you look for things to write about on my blog. Me doing the countdown to 50 was just a space filler (sort of like my countdown to retirement) that helped me fill up my tidbits.I had absolutely no idea no idea that it would lead to a gathering of all the special people in my life that I love to help me celebrate it.

It was my best birthday ever. I even told Michelle last night, I have a good job and can get any material thing that I would want, a gathering of my family is not something that you can buy. I walked away with the greatest gift anyone could ever want, one that touched my heart one that made me feel like I was on top of the world.

Thank you to everyone who made this my best birthday ever.

No comments: