Links

Monday, December 02, 2013

Back to Work

All good things must come to an end, and that includes awesome Holiday weekends where we get a whole lot done. Now it's time to take our noses and stick them back on to the grindstone for the next five days.

I have to say though, it was a busy and eventful four day break for both me and Michelle. A huge Thanksgiving dinner and the money raised to do it again next year and it is already in hand. A Special Christmas tree for my Mother, one with a bit of a personal touch from everyone. Putting up our tree and getting the surprise of my life for a surprise 50th birthday party. And last but not least reaching that milestone of 50 years of age and becoming a full fledged member of AARP.

Hayley and Jared have spent most of the weekend moving out, they are staying at their new apartment, they are still gathering their stuff together and moving it to Westover. Meaning we are now empty nesters and it's just Michelle and I, not counting the two cats and the dog.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. It was one to remember for me and it included me finally making my decision on the camera I wanted and getting it. I was going to go with a DSLR, but opted for an all in one one that had all the features that I wanted and then some. I ended up choosing the Nikon Cool Pix P520 as it had all the features I wanted and then some. 42x Optical Zoom and the ability to geo-tag photo's were two of the biggest selling points. The other one I was looking at was the Nikon D5300 , but I could do all that that one did and then some for about $700 less.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: