Links

Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Reflection

I have to say that yesterday Mornings birthday breakfast for my Mom went well overall, Kaiden was sick so Amy was only able to show up briefly, but she came bearing gifts and Michelle and I absolutely love ours and have it hanging in our living room already.

I think Mom enjoyed herself at breakfast, we really do need to do this more often as it was a good time to sit down with the family at a meal and just talk to each other. It's something Michelle and I started doing again at home recently and doing things like this helps you meet and spend quality time with the people you love without any distractions. Michelle's family here in town does it all the time, it was nice to enjoy a moment like that with mine. I am both lucky and blessed to have had the opportunity to share this time with some very special people in my life. Amy and her crew were missed, but not forgotten.

I did have a little bit of a surprise for me yesterday as I was walking into the Golden Coral. My old softball team mate turned superstar Josh Judy, who has been the subject of many of my blogs, was in town and walking out with from breakfast with Steve and Bernie. I've talked to him a few times, since the draft, but this was actually the first face to face meeting since the night before the draft when we BS's a few hours at a softball game. I kidded my niece Val about him as she and Amy used to come and watch us play some years ago.

After breakfast the rest of the adventurist day was ours, so we took a trip up to the mall and did a little bit of shopping. Bath and Body Works was having a sale on their soaps and Michelle loves their soaps. We usually stock up on them around Christmas time but for some reason didn't do that this year, which turned out to work to our advantage as their after Christmas sale is bigger than their before Christmas sale. I think we are set on bathroom and kitchen sink hand soaps for 2013.

Overall I have to say I had a great weekend. The weather was awesome for early January, I was even able to wear shorts both Saturday and Sunday. We had some great food, spent some time with some very special people, made a few sales and were even treated to a beautiful home made gift from my niece. I was able to meet up with a few old Softball team mates (Josh, his Dad Steve and I later ran into Mike Haines) and had a great weekend with my wonderful wife.

The weekend did in fact have a sad note for some old friends and an old softball team mate. Andy Wilson and Michelle Tennant lost their wonderful son Micah Wilson.

I hope you have a great day and it's a cardio day.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: