Links

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Photo Flashback Thursday


Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and go through all of my pictures that I have and select just one special picture to tell a little story about. Sometimes it's easy to find one, and sometimes it's a pretty daunting task, but it's always enjoyable and fun.

This weeks picture is actually from last year and a picture that I put on Facebook, we purchased a raised garden last year and decided to try and do a raised patio vegetable garden. Growing up I had always had gardens year in and year out. My grandparents always had huge gardens that they both put a lot of time in and took a great deal of pride in.

Last year I realized it had been a number of years since I had had one, and I wasn't waiting any longer. I needed something I could plant, watch grow and take a little bit of pride in. We had a nice garden last year, but we also learned a few things last year as to what to do and what not to do.

I'm anxious to get this years started, we already have the soil turned and ready to go. Probably a few more peppers this year and less Lettuce, Broccoli and Cabbage that we never were really able to harvest.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: