Links

Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Morning

All good things must come to an end, and unfortunately that includes weekends. So it's time to get up and stick our noses back on the grindstone once again so we can continue to enjoy the lifestyles we have become accustomed to.

They are calling for a big snow storm in the area that was supposed to start last night and is supposed to go into tomorrow morning. I think I have stated my opinion on more than one occasion for snow, but if you are going to get a snow storm this is the way to get it. Where the temperatures will be too high for it to be around too long.

Ironically this is the start of the BOPARC Softball Season. For the second year in a row I have decided to remain in the ranks of the retired. I did have some options this season, but the boys of summer that I became so accustomed to playing with have all moved on or away. I miss the guys, but my rotater cuff has been goner and has been giving me troubles for months. I attribute it to all the years of throwing a softball through the summer. My arm did increase velocity through the years and I guess that took a toll on it. I halfway miss playing, but the last couple of seasons I did play were a couple seasons too many. The heart, desire and drive had faded over the past few years, I became too complacent and maybe that was the first sign that it was just time. Still miss it however.

It's a lifting and a cardio day for me today. I ended up purchasing a good amount of whey protein this weekend. I had started eating protein bars recently and they were really helping, so I am now starting to use dietary supplements to assist in my training. I feel much better and have been spending 7 1/2 hours a week in the gym since we got back from our honeymoon last August. I've developed an exit strategy to get off most if not all of my diabetic meds and should be exiting the actos that I take by the next time I visit my Doctor in June. My A1C was in the normal range last time and I'm eating whatever I want, so I must be doing something right.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: