Links

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Hump Day

Two days down, two more ahead of us, now all we have to do is get up and over this dreaded noon time hump and it will be all downhill as we work towards another fun filled weekend. 

The last remaining remnants of this crud in my chest is still there, I'm so ready for this crap to be out of my system and get life back to normal. I'm getting tired of Cough Drops and Day-quill, and am ready to start feeling normal again. This has been one of the most lingering flu session that I think I have ever experienced. I haven't been out working for RTI in two weeks trying to heal. 

I think the worst thing about a midweek blog is coming up with content. Coming up with something meaningful to say or discuss that has my interest, much less anyone who bothers to read what I write on a daily basis. Truth of the matter is I wake up, I go to work, I come home and eat dinner and I go to bed if I'm not out working my second job. It's a pretty boring life, especially during this time of the year when the days are short and cold. 

I think my Seasonal Affective Disorder is really starting to kick in. My body needs sunlight, warmth and some pleasant outside time when I can hear the birds sing, let Peanut out to play and actually enjoy a little bit of time outside when I get home from work. It's that long stretch from November to about March when the holidays are long over and you are just patiently waiting for Spring to give a rebirth to all the foliage and give us a fresh supply of oxygen to liven up our days. 

I'm ready for the concert season, time to fly my drone, smoking meats on the weekends, and just swinging on the swing in the back yard as we wind down from our days. Spring is still 41 days away, which is a little less than six weeks (Thanks Phil), I'm ready for Softball, picnics, day trips, and the smell of the dogwood tree tickling my nose and my sense of smell. I'm ready for Gardening season, and sunlight, for the days of warmth when you just don't want to waste them sitting at home doing the same thing day after day. I'm ready for trips to places like Ohiopyle or some state park and just packing up our little grill and going out and grilling some brats. I'm ready for baseball, hot dogs and going to the ball park on a sunny afternoon. I'm ready to do some exploring and seeing things I have never seen before with my drone and sharing it with everyone. 

I'm ready for Spring and the solution to Cabin Fever. 

Have yourselves a great day, make a difference. 

Hi ho hi ho 


No comments: