Links

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Fathers Day

I would like to wish all of the Fathers a very Happy Fathers Day today. It's a holiday that originated here in North Central West Virginia despite what historians may try to have you believe, but the first observance was actually in Fairmont WV just a few years after Mother's Day was established in neighboring Grafton.

There is my Father who gets this blog written every year, but then there is the man who actually took me in and raised me and is my inspiration to this day. That was my Grandpa Hall who you see pictured here.

He was my Father when my Father was absent from my life and trying to establish his. I lost him when I was just a mere 13 years old, but this is the man who I have always looked to for inspiration and try to live the life that he wanted for me.

Ironically it was 27 years after his passing, that I accomplished his dreams for me and that was to Graduate College. It was his dream and my duty to fulfill it.

Happy Fathers Day.

No comments: