Links

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday Morning Ramblings


Here I sit on a quiet Sunday Morning, I'm the first one to recover from that losing battle with the Sandman last night, but I was also the first one knocked out and I was knocked out early. No one else is up and around and I'm watching some the movie All the Way on HBO.

Yesterday we did travel to Weston, West Virginia to visit and tour the Tri-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum and just spend a day outside of Morgantown and break the normal schedule. I had been to Weston a few times before, but this was the first time there for Michelle. I do have to say if you have the opportunity, I recommend this tour as well as the old Prison at Moundsville. Both are very educational and have a few stories behind each of them. My Photo's from yesterday are posted on Facebook.

We did actually see our first live cicadas yesterday, they were starting to come out in abundance at the Asylum. People who had never seen them before were asking about them and explained that they were just starting to come out.

When we arrived him we had a shell of one on the front wall of the house, then I looked up and this little fellow was crawling up the wall. They will be around for about 6 weeks as they seek out a mate, lay eggs for the 2033 group of them and then just die off before disappearing for another 17 years.

Anyways I hope everyone has a great day today, make the most out of it even though this is the optimal weather if you were a duck.

No comments: