Links

Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day

On this day it is the unofficial start of Summer, but today is a day that we need to take a little bit of time out to honor those who gave all to protect our freedoms that we enjoy in this country. It is more than just a day off from work and an extended weekend, it is a Memorial Day.

My plans for today will be to go and buy a few flags at some local store and visit at the very minimum three cemeteries. I will start out at Arnetttsville Cemetery to visit my mothers Father, Donald Newbraugh, I'll visit East Oak Grove Cemetery to visit my Father and I'll visit Mt Union Cemetery to visit my Grandpa Hall. All three of these men served bravely in the armed forces, Grandpa Hall was a WWI Veteran and Grandpa Newbraugh was a WWII Veteran. I'll replace our own version of the flags for each of these men today and honor their service.

Enjoy your day, but don't lose sight on why we have this day. The flags are just my little way of saying thank you to my family who fought to make sure that I have my freedoms that I enjoy today.

Happy Memorial Day.

No comments: