Links

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Happy Mothers Day

Well it is a very special day here in West Virginia. Today is Mother's Day, a day we take out and celebrate the special women who made it all possible for us to be here in the first place.

Mother's Day is a holiday that has it's origins right here in North Central West Virginia as the first Mother's Day was observed in Grafton, a town not very far from here. It was started by a woman named Anna Jarvis over 100 years ago and is still celebrated to this day.

For me, my Mother is in the middle of this picture with my wife Michelle and yours truly. She has been a very special and very inspirational Mother to me and everything that I have done in my life. She has given me both life and inspiration and those are the two biggest gifts that a mother can give a child.

Happy Mothers Day Mom, I love you and thank you for everything that you have done for me.

My wife is also a Mother of two wonderful kids, one of which snuck in the house at 12:30 this morning to make sure that her Mother has a little surprise when she wakes up.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the special Mother's out there, if not for all of you, none of us would be here.

No comments: