Links

Sunday, July 14, 2024

I Was Wrong, Today is 1,000 Days

Here I sit in a semi-quiet household. I say Semi-Quiet because Kiwi keeps laughing that I messed my count up and it's actually today that is the 1,000th Day of Michelle's recovery. He says to me Dad, you screwed up Mom's schedule. You should know better and I could do nothing but agree with my little aviary friend. 

So TODAY is Michelle's 1,000th day of being clean and sober. If you happen to see my wonderful wife today, make sure you take a few minutes out and congratulate her on such an accomplishment. She really is an amazing woman. 

So how did yesterday go? Started out ith our Aldi shopping and then we came home and I cut grass, even though it has been two weeks with the lack of rain it did not seem too bad, I honestly could have let it go another week, but it's cut now. As I was doing that, Michelle pulled everything out of Mancave 2.0 (the garage) and basically shampooed the garage. When we bought our powerwasher we upgraded and bought one with a surface cleaner and let me tell you that thing is amazing. We cleaned the front porch last weekend and it looks amazing. Michelle scrubbed the garage floor yesterday using it, so she was shampooing the garage. So we had a pretty busy and productive day yesterday around the house. 

I did take a little time out yesterday to go and visit Ed Cummings. He's been at Encompass for the past couple of weeks. I told him I would stop by nd see him again next weekend, regardless of whether he is there or a long-term rehab facility. He was remembering a lot of things about our youth without issue. He's on the road to recovery, he'll get there. 

Have yourselves a great day, make some memories. 

No comments: