Links

Friday, July 05, 2024

Big Ole Hairy Friday

Yes, it is once again that time of the week that we all look forward to when we can take time to cease the labors for the week and take a little bit of needed time out to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It is again the dawn of another weekend and a Big Ole Hairy Friday.

There are no free concerts this week down at the Amphitheater, but they are not going to disappoint you and this could be one worth attending. Shakespeare in the Park will be performing the Tempest, arguably one of my favorite Shakespearian play. I actually wrote a paper on the Tempest while I was in college. I remember watching a recording of the play where Ron Pallilo played Trinculo and David Graf played Stephano. Horshack (welcome back Kotter) and Tackelberry (Police Academy movies) pretty much stole the show. It's more than worth the time to see, if you have never seen Shakespeare performed you really are culturally missing something. I remember when I was in High School, a troop came through and performed Othello for us and everyone was totally captivated to the point that the troop by their own request wanted to come back to Morgantown to perform a Midsummer Night's Dream. Take the evening, take the kids, you will not be disappointed. 

So wat is on my agenda for the weekend? Michelle was heading up to her Cousin Julie's for the weekend, but Julie rescheduled it until the first week in August when Michelle will be in Ohio for Brittany's Bachalorette party. They were going to have a pool party and I would have been  holding down the fort and taking care of the spoiled animals. Now I have to cancel all the giraffes that were planning to come up and party. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: