Links

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Sunday

Here Kiwi and I sit once again, he's claiming to be internet famous because he managed to photobomb me taking a picture of Michelle's new shirt. He's chiming about obtaining an agent and holding out for more treats. He's such a bird businessman. 

I'm liking these weekends off, I didn't get a chance to cut the grass yesterday morning, but we did get the overgrown hedges trimmed and managed to throw all that brush into the woods. Michelle played the role of tractor driver and dump master, although I think she threw everything out by hand. It makes it much easier to back my car into place now. We also pulled out a lot of invasive plants that were running rapidly through the hedges. I don't think we are done yet but by 10:00 yesterday morning it was already in the mid 80's and my old fat ass doesn't do too well working in the heat anymore. 

Funny story though, we decided to cut grass yesterday afternoon, Michelle said if I buy Pizza, she'll mow grass. I heard a great big bang and then the riding mower stalled out. She restarted it once again when she engaged, it stalled out. I went and looked a little closer, she ran over the sewage manhole the wrong direction and bent one of the mower blades down (see pic). So off to Lowes we went to pick up a couple new blades, Michelle or Ray as we call her in the shop, switched them out after we jacked the tractor up and finished mowing the grass. You know I was wanting a good floor jack, now I have one. 

I'm going to try to make it to Arabella's birthday party this afternoon, but we'll how I feel later this afternoon. I've had a nagging cough the last week or so, so I might just play it safe. We'll see how I am feeling, 

We did manage to cut up our old mattress topper into 2 mattresses that Michelle has put on her Mom's bed. Hopefully that will help her sleep better, as those hospital beds are not really that comfortable. We dropped it off to her right before we went to Lowes and put it on her bed, she loves the new topper. 

Our weekly menu has been made, so that means it's time to go and shop for what we need for the week. One of Michelle's co-workers brought in a big zucchini for her, so we're going to cut it up, bread it with some panko bread crumbs and fry it up. Maybe a little yum yum sauce on the side. You know what I wish I had, was all the sauce recipes for the old Atomic Grill. Those were all amazing and all unique and original. 

Have yourselves a great day, make it a memorable one filled with moments in time that we will all l.ook back on fondly some day. 

No comments: