Links

Friday, August 12, 2022

Big Ole Hairy Fridaay

Yes, it is once again that time of the week that we all look forward to when we can take time to cease the labors for the week and take a little bit of needed time out to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It is once again the dawn of another weekend and a Big Ole Hairy Friday.

First and foremost, Move In Day started yesterday, which is the first day that students can move into the dorms. Traffic will be quite heavy over the weekend as parents are moving their kids to the dorms and other students are returning to town. Next Wednesday is the first day of classes at WVU for the new school year. With that being said, allow yourselves a little extra time when traveling around town today, especially if you live anywhere near student housing or any larger shopping places like Walmart.  I so enjoyed it when they were not here and they are back already. Shi.....I mean welcome back. 

Looking for a little free music tonight, a band called Sanctus Real will be playing at the Amphitheater. They will hit the stage at 8:00 and a band called off brand will open the nights festivities up at 6:30. I do have to say that I am not familiar with either of these acts, but just because I've never heard of them doesn't mean that they are not bands worth seeing. 

No big plans for the weekend other than some yard work. My grass needs cut and I'll put Michelle on the tractor and I'll run the push mower to get some places that the riding mower can't. 

There will be some Steeler Football this weekend as the Steelers open up their 3 game exhibition season tomorrow night at 8:00 against Geno Smith and the Seattle Seahawks. I'm in the mood to start watching some football, I don't know if anyone else is, but the dawn of football season is upon us. 

Have yourselves a great day

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: