Links

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ photos that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time that I either captured with a lens, scanned, or just stole from someplace on the internet. I like to find just one and post it up and recall or relive the picture to the best of my ability. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it has always been a whole lot of fun.

This is an old picture of Grandma and Grandpa Hall years ago in Pittsburgh. Emmett Lynch who was our next door neighbor for years was there with them, I'm guessing Edna, Emmet's wife was the one taking this picture. 

Where was this picture taken? Forbes Field in Pittsburgh. Why were they at Forbes Field, well they were there for a Baseball game. Just a typical baseball game you might ask? Not really. The big happening for the day, this was when Babe Ruth was playing his only games in Pittsburgh. If you watchany of the Babe Ruth movies, where they play the game at  the end of his career where he hit Home Runs in one of his final games at a field that was deemed impossible at the time to do so, which was Forbes Field. 

Have yourself a great day

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: