Links

Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day

As we extend our long unofficial start of Summer out for one more day and most of us have this wonderful day off from working, let's not forget the reason that we have this day. 

This is a day that we take to honor those Americans who not only fought for our country but paid the ultimate sacrifice in performing their duties. 

I'm off today and will be attending picnic #2 of fhe weekend this afternoon at Jim and Chris's. Michelle's other sister Danielle is down from Pittsburgh with her husband Roy, so it should be a good time with very very special people once again. Two times in the same weekend, I consider myself lucky. 

Today I will make my annual trip to all of the grave yeards, Michelle and I went to Grandpa and Grandma Hall's gravesite yesterday and started to clean them up a little bit. I bought some special solution used to clean marble graves that takes all the built-up grime on them and helps you remove it. We sprayed it, took a little tool to scrape the grime off and sprayed them down, then scrubbed them and rinsed them then sprayed them again before we left. Today we will address that once again and do similar actions, we also cleaned Grandpa Hall's brother Lincoln Hall's Grave. I'll be making trips to Arnettesville Cemetary, East Oak Grove Cemetary, and returning to Mount Union Cemetary to place flags on family member's graves who served. 

Have yoursleves a great day. 

No comments: