Links

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Now for the Non-April Fools Blog




I hope everyone enjoyed my BLOG, it was a lot of fun writing it this past weekend, but now on to the non  April Fools content. One that has me still in a lot of shock.

I as well as a number of my co-workers were laid off yesterday. Not paid off as in we'll call you back, laid off as in here is your severance package, turn all your property including your badge in. When the new contract came out, the work statement pretty much defined my work in ArcGIS (See 5.3.4) and I thought I was very safe. However the company that won the bid, bid it very low and they needed to eliminate a number of positions.

Yesterday at about 11:00 I was called into my bosses office and was handed a stack of paperwork indicating that I was going to be one of the people let go. 11 1/2 years after first walking into NETL I am now an outsider. The articles I posted were in yesterdays dominion post, talking about the contract transition.

I did call a few of my Federal Contacts and they are extremely upset with the situation, but before there can be a contract mod it has to wait 1 year and that will be ironically next April 1st (I promise this is not an April Fools joke).

I did thank all of my management as I was leaving yesterday, they are all a bunch of great people, however they had a job to do. It wasn't a performance issue, many of them wondered how I was going to be replaced. I was told by numerous people that I could use each of them as a professional reference.

I wish this was an April Fools joke, however this is not and not only is RTI shut down, I'm completely unemployed at the moment.

No comments: