Links

Thursday, February 06, 2020

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ images that I have either captured with a Camera, Scanned or just simply stolen off the internet. Little lost moments in time that I post up and relive tight here for everyone while I try to recall the moments around that image. Sometimes it's pretty easy to find that image and sometimes it's a challenge, although one thing it always is is a whole lot of fun for me.

I can actually put an exact date on this picture, January 7, 1973. It was when we still lived by Drummond Chapel Church (that house is now gone) and it was my Grandfather's 80th Birthday Party.

He retired around this time (yes at 80 years old) and we moved to where United National Bank is now on Van Voorhis Road. This day however was a day of celebration of him and his life and he was still in very good health at this point and was for a couple of more years until his first stroke.

Good times were had by all that day, I can remember the Sunday family get togethers that was always seemed to have, they were things we routinely did as a family.

Have yourselves a great day

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: