Links

Saturday, February 01, 2020

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm up well before my co-author and I'm going back to bed very shortly. I got something playing on the TV, have no idea what it is it's just on for a little noise. I think I spoke a little too soon, my co-author Peanut is here and purring me some ideas.

I have to announce that I am no longer employed by AECOM whom I have worked for the last 2 1/2 years. Don't worry though, I'm still employed at my same job but the official announcement is not coming until Tuesday morning from Corporate so I can't say anything publicly until then. It's official but only internally until a formal announcement is made. If you want a hint, try to figure out my picture and you will have an answer. Or just wait till Tuesday as I already got dinged once for saying something publicly. Don't worry my new company has a corporate lineage that is 116 years old and we are still a multi-billion dollar a year company that is located in 48 states and 28 countries. Not too shabby for a company that is technically as of press time less than 3 hours old...lol

Jim and Chris will be having an auction today, Michelle will be in her normal capacity working for it today. It's going to be at their store location in Osage rather than another site. They didn't create an auction zip site for this auction, probably because space will be limited. I'm sure there will be signs in the area indicating the location of the event today.

I'll be out in the field working for RTI once again today, this quarter despite being down a number of Field Interviewers in West Virginia that we need to hire. We have 10 in WV and I think we are down 4 including the 2 closest to me (Elkins and Bridgeport). No fear though, we have a great team of people who do this full time and have traveled to work these areas.

I think we have all of our needed documents that we need to do our taxes. Unlike last year where we ended up owing about $4,000 at the end of the year, we're more prepared this year and prepared for it by having extra payroll deductions taken out. So much to the point that for the first time since I can't remember when, we're not writing a check to the state and are actually getting money back this year. Not a whole lot, but I'm not writing any checks for more taxes this year.

Work, work, work, work work, money, money, money, money, money. How about other issues, Michelle and I are doing great. We're both busy but we do manage to get some quality time to spend together believe it or not. I bought her Hunt a Killer for Christmas and she and Stacy from work are tracking down and in the process of finding the killer. She loves the true crime shows, so it just fit her perfectly. 

Have yourselves a great day.

Hi ho hi ho and stop down and visit Michelle at the auction.

No comments: