Links

Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day

As we take an extra day to our weekends, enjoy our backyard BBQ's and smoking meats (Like I am going to do today), make sure that you take a little bit of time out and remember why this is a Holiday.

Yes it is the unofficial start of Summer, kids are Graduating or Graduated and the school year for the rest of them is winding down. While reasons to enjoy and celebrate, let's not forget those who allowed us to have our freedoms that we have and the sacrifices that they made.

Yesterday Michelle and I spent the day visiting three graveyards around the area. The First Was Arnetttesville Graveyard to visit my Grandpa Newbraugh and leave a flag by his grave. Next was my Dad's Cemetary to leave a flag by his grave and finally East Oak Grove to leave a couple presents (see picture) for Grandma and Grandpa Hall.

All three of these men served our Country, between my two Grandfathers they fought in WWI, WWII and Korea. If I only make it out once a year, this is the weekend that I do visit all three.

Enjoy your day, but take a moment and remember why we have this day, they have earned it.

No comments: