Links

Friday, March 02, 2018

Big Ole Hairy Friday

Yes it is once again that time of the week that we all look foreword to, when we can take time to cease the labors for the week and take a little bit of needed time out to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It is once again the dawn of another weekend and a Big Ole Hairy Friday.

Today is the 56th Anniversary of Wilt Chamberlain scoring 100 points in an NBA Game. The record still stands to this day. Don't know why I know that fact, I just always think about it come March 2nd.

As of yesterday the West Virginia Teachers were still on strike. They walked out last Thursday and after a few attempts by the Governor to get them back into the classroom, they were out once again yesterday and I would imagine it will continue to today as well. I don't see the teachers backing down at this point and it could carry very well beyond this. I am behind the teachers 100%, they and all state employees during this time, it's amazing that although they are on strike, they are making sure that children from low income families are being fed. They are honorable, and I support them in their cause without question.

In case I haven't mentioned it, P & P Family Auctions the two best Auctioneers I personally know, will be holding an Auction tomorrow afternoon at 6:00 at the Woodland United Methodist Church. They have a number of items up for Auction, come and find your treasure.

Have yourselves a great day.

Hi ho hi ho


No comments: