Links

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Saturday Morning Rambling

Here I sit in a quiet household, I'm, up early watching who knows what on the TV behind me and collecting my thoughts for the day and surfing the internet. \

I officially changed my LinkedIn Page to officially reflect my change in employment to AECOM. I did get to meet one or two of the guys I will be working with yesterday, so it's not going to be like I will be going into a strange environment. A few of them I once worked with at Sterling Faucet and there is one who I am kind of sort of related to on Jean's side of the family and I used to work with his Dad at Sterling, so within my company there will be familiar faces. I am moving from a nice big office to a cubicle, but I'm OK with that as I actually get to interact with people again. The last few years the Geospatial group from Sextant whittled down to just me and not even full time.

It has been a while since I worked full time in an office environment, so I'm going to need to update my work wardrobe just a little bit. I might actually have to get a dress shirt and tie to leave at the office full time in case any VIP visitors come in, I can be prepared.

Today I am going to be out in the field working for RTI (what else is new) trying to catch some of the returning students who have been selected. The last month has been a challenge to say the least, we actually put my section on hold for a while as I traveled to the southern part of the state to work for an extended weekend. They are starting to dwindle back into town and I'm going to try to get them as I can so as to I'm not overwhelmed when they fully return.

Michelle is up in Elwood City with the rest of the family to celebrate little Jonny's fourth birthday party today. Hopefully my wonderful wife takes some pictures of today's festivities since I will be unable to attend.

Have yourselves a great day today, live it to the fullest and make the best of it and be thankful you have are still here.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: