Links

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sunday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit yet once again in a quiet household, Ace and I are up watching television, or at least it is playing in the background and we are collecting our thoughts for the day.

Well my streak is over now and it is official. The last "Day Off" I had from from working for any of the three companies (that involved 4 different offer letters) I was employed by during the streak was the day of my 35th High School Class reunion on July 29th. I had worked every day for one of the companies since that Saturday so that was 28 straight days without any time off. Yesterday after doing my field work, all my cases were transferred to someone else for clean up, officially ending my quarter as I'm not traveling or doing any clean up work this quarter. It's a much needed break if I do have to say so myself.

Michelle and I went to the Lantern Release yesterday afternoon to help raise money for WVU Children's hospital. I think this is the biggest event that I have been to and it just seems to grow more and more each year. John, Michelle and the entire Koon clan do a great job working together and pulling this wonderful event off. I'm sure they raised a decent amount of money last night for a cause very dear to their hearts.

Today, I'm firing up the smoker and smoking some pork ribs. It was just going to be Michelle and I, but Trish is going to stop over as she has some VHS tapes that she would like converted into digital format that I'll do for her this afternoon. It's been a while since she has came for a visit, so it will be nice to catch up with her.

Have yourselves a great day today.

I'm off!!!!!! Woo Hoo

No comments: