Links

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Hump Day

Two days down, a couple more ahead of us (most of you I'm working again this weekend), now all we have to do is get up and over this noon time hump and it will be all downhill working towards another fun filled weekend.

Michelle's niece Amanda and her husband Joey closed on their house yesterday, meaning that they are now homeowners and didn't waste much time moving in and getting settled. I haven't been there yet but Michelle went over Monday night as I was playing softball and said it is really nice.

WVU will start their classes today, so I think I can officially say that they are all back. Fall Fest was last night and I have to say that I am getting old because I never heard of any of those acts. It could be that the genre of music I listen to is classic rock and don't really stay up on new music. Good luck to all WVU students as they start a new school year and to all incoming Freshmen as they are just now starting their collegiate careers. My advice is simply show up, pay attention, sit up front and you'll do fine. Remember you're hear for an education first and a party second and you should do great.

Michelle got the Starlink setup on Ice, we paid for 3 years of the full package, so we have all the options available to us including being able to lock and unlock it from our iPhones and running complete diagnostic reports on it. It's kind of amazing what cars can do now days.

Oh, it was 40 years ago today, that Elvis Presley died. I think most people my age remember exactly what they were doing when they found out the news. I was in the back yard playing wiffleball and Grandma Hall came out to tell me that he had died. Seems like only yesterday.

And since I mentioned WVU Freshmen and Elvis, a funny little story form my Freshman year. I started WVU later in life, I was 35 when I first entered WVU. My Freshman year I had a Geology Lab and my partner was a true freshman. When I told my lab partner how old I was he had this stunned look, and asked me the strangest question. "You were alive when Elvis was alive weren't you". Then it dawned on me that Elvis was probably dead 5 years before my fellow classmates were even born.

Have yourselves a great day today and make the most of it and live it to its fullest.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: