Links

Thursday, February 06, 2014

RIP Ralph Jackson

Yesterday morning I received a text message, one that just made my heart sink. The man who during my upbringing took on the role as a second or third Father to me and was a very big influence on my life.

The text message was that Uncle Ralph was now in Heaven was one that made me stop and reflect a little bit. Here was not only a man, but a great man and I don't use that word very often but he more than earned it by his actions.

When there was a carnival that came to town or a weekend trip to Seaworld or even a weeks vacation to Ocean City that he and his family were taking, I was always with them. He allowed me to experience a little bit of normalcy in my anything but normal life being raised by my aging Grand Parents.

Whether it be trips to Riverside Park to go swimming with two of the greatest cousins a guy could ever want or a boat trip camping for a week out at Cheat Lake or even any of the numerous Friday Nights that we spent at the Morgantown Speedway watching Stock Car racing in the dirt. He always made me feel like I had a couple older sisters whom I would never trade for the world.

I could go on and on about the man, I am fortunate to have many very positive memories about my youth where he was involved.

So my condolences go out today to his lovely Wife Kathy, their daughter Katie and Sharon and Lynne and all the spouses, children and children's spouses on this day.

I'll try to post funeral arrangements when I have them.

We have lost a great man, but he has only changed his position to an overseer from above.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Thank you for such kind words and you were very much like a son to him and to me a brother. Love you do much