Links

Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Bowl Champions

Wow what a game last night, the Steelers beat the Arizona Cardinals 27-23 to win Super Bowl XLIII (43) to give the Pittsburgh Steelers an NFL leading sixth Super Bowl Championship.

To say that I was on edge in the fourth quarter would be a complete understatement, I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack when the Cardinals blew by the Steelers dime defense on a 64 yard touchdown strike to Larry (I HATE that Pitt Guy) Fitzgerald to give the Cards a 23-20 lead.

However great teams are not great all the time, they are only great when they need to be. The Steelers lead by Ben Roethlisberger drove the ball 78 Yards on 8 plays thanks to some big plays from Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes.

The play of the game however was te last play of the first half, Arizona was poised to go in for a touchdown until NFL defensive Player of the Year James Harrison made arguably the greatest play in Super Bowl history with a 100 Yard Interception return for a Touchdown. The play sent the Steelers into the locker room at halftime with a 17-7 lead instead of a 14-10 deficit.

I have to say I have criticized Ben and the Offensive line all year, I guess they had the last laugh and Ben even touched on it in the post game when he asked his linemen "who is laughing now?"

It's a great day to be a Steelers fan.

No comments: