Links

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm even impressed

It takes a lot for a professional to be amazed in their own field, Google Earth 5.0 has done just that, impressed me to no end. I could take time and explain everything, but here is a nice little video that explains a portion of it.




Some things not covered in the video is that they now have a significant amount of street data in street view. I showed it to Michelle and stood in the center of Westover Bridge and pulled up street view. She was quite impressed.

ALSO in the upgrade is Google Mars, plus the sky. Showing you where the stars are and it also reproduces the planet Mars in Google earth style.

Finally, there is a flight simulator built into the new version. I haven't mastered that quite yet, but it is going to be a challenge.

No comments: