Links

Sunday, February 15, 2009

MiHaleys

Yesterday evening Michelle and I decided to go across the street and give Michael and Ashley's new sports bar a try for dinner. Not knowing what to expect I went in and decided to judge it as if it were some place owned by someone I didn't know. Michael wasn't around and Michele and i could get a real chance to compare notes without having to be nice and not offending everyone. This is my unbiased review.

We both ordered Hot Italian Sausage Subs, I ordered a side of fires with mine and Michelle got the chips. $7.50 for a 12" Hot Sausage Sub/Hoagie was pretty much on par with every place else we go, if not a tad bit cheaper.

I am one who LOVES good Hot Sausage. For me it is a food that you can compare with other establishments on the overall quality of their food. The bread was a little longer than the meat, but I'll bet back to why this is a good thing in a second. After my first mouthwatering bite, I looked at Michelle and she could easily tell that this thing was something special. Many places advertise Hot Sausage, but really don't deliver on the hot part, almost as if there is no spice in it. MiHALEY's not only delivered, it hit it out of the park with a grand slam. WOW was hot enough to garner your attention, and had just enough bread at the end of the sandwich to relieve the hot sensation that you enjoy while devouring this masterpiece.

I didn't even make it through half a sandwich and I had to call Jean and tell her to get down and try this, she will not be disappointed as her Pam and Gary are the connoisseur's of spicy hot in this family.

Overall I was really impressed, the drinks came in large and very favorable glasses. All too often you go some place and they give you these little glasses that you need refilled a half a dozen times. These were just perfect. The fries were actually pretty good, perfectly cut and done to a crisp golden brown texture that just please the taste buds.

Good thing I just live across the street, I can get the best Hot Sausage Sub/Hoagie in Morgantown just by crossing the street.

I give it 6 stars out of five and three thumbs up!!!


Their menu, click on image for full size:



No comments: