Links

Sunday, February 15, 2009

An eventful day

Yesterday was my and Michelle's first Valentines Day together and it was a really nice day. It started off when we decided that we would use the money we were going to use for Valentines day for each other and combine it and use it for something we could all use and get good use out of.

Our tract started off by going to Wal-Mart and buying the grill that we had both liked the night before at the one on Hornbeck road, but we went to the Wal-Mart in Granville and found what I would consider a very humorous picture to say the least. Notice how that $157.00 Grill has a great big "Unbeatable" pricetag on it...for $177.00. I had read a review on that grill earlier in the day and the person who got it as a gift wasn't too fond of it, pretty much saying it all the burners had rusted out in two months. Can you say RED FLAG??? We did not purchase the piece of crap $157.00 grill from the Discount store for $177.00.

We stopped by the Morgantown Mall and went back and forth between Sears and Lowes and bought a really nice Stainless Steel Char Broil gas grill with four stainless steel burners, a stainless steel side burner, 685 sq in cooking surface putting out 48,000 BTU's. Michelle and I were back and forth between this one and a Kenmore at Sears. After going back and forth, we decided on the Stainless Steel Charbroil from Lowes.

I did manage to see an old friend of mine from College at both Sears and Lowes. We then went up to K-Mart only for me to run into my old buddy from Sterling Faucet Jimmy Campbell who just turned 80 (and he still looks good) and then turned around and caught up with Paul and Vicky Koon and talked to them for a little while before finally heading back home.

Yesterday afternoon my sister Pam and George decided to stop by and check out our new abode. Calvin had a little fun playing with the Nintendo Wii. I even made sure AI made him the first loser once when we raced together, don't ask about the other three times that we raced and he beat me, those didn't count.

After they left last night Michelle and I decided to go out to dinner. This deserves it's own BLOG, so it will be granted.

No comments: