Links

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday Morning Rambling

Here I sit in a quiet household, I don't even hear peanut rustling around (scratch that), and I'm sitting here once again contemplating my thoughts and trying to wake up for the day. Nothing is on on the TV behind me and the only noise I hear is the AC other than Peanut.

Michelle traveled back home last night, her and her family are getting together today to work on her Mom and Tom's place and getting it ready for winter. Big group effort up there, but she said it took her about three hours to get to the hotel because of some heavy rains that they were having. She did make it up there safe and sound however.

Mom and Gerald were in a collision yesterday afternoon, both of them were taken by ambulance to Ruby memorial Hospital. I got a call from my sister Kim indicating that they were both there and I should go over, Terri was on her way. Gerald got pretty banged up and required I think 7 staples to his head area. He had blood everywhere, but seemed to be doing OK and getting around. He was in good spirits as usual. Mom had her neck restrained and immobilized for a few hours as a precaution. Gerald was released by the time I left and they were just waiting for Mom's x-rays to come back before they released her. Kim graciously volunteered to take them home as their car is damaged and was towed. Both seemed to be in good spirits last night and appear to be OK.

Jonathan had his surgery yesterday, Barbara called me indicating they had moved him to ICU, but she had not yet spoken to the Doctor and doesn't know much details of the surgery. She is going to try to find out today.

Me, I'm still here and working once again today. The students are back and so is my window of opportunity to possibly finding someone home and being able to get an interview or two today and make it go quick. Depending on how today goes will indicate whether or not I work tomorrow. If I feel places are empty at this point, it would be a moot point to keep going and knocking on an empty door especially when we are past the halfway point of the quarter.

Have yourselves a good day and make it a good one.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: