Links

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all of the pictures that I have either taken, scanned or stolen off the internet through the years. Little lost moments of time that are preserved by me to share with everyone in my blog. Sometimes finding that one special picture is pretty easy and sometimes it's not that easy, it is however always a whole lot of fun.

This weeks pic goes back a few years, seven to be exact. Back when my summers were filled with the sport I played every year for about 27 summers before I retired. This was the game of Softball and this was the first MVP Paintball Softball team. I'm the bald guy in the back row on the right.

This was yet another great team that I played on, one that was very good during the regular season and then played a team in the playoffs that we mercy ruled in the regular season only to be sent home early. Amazing, that the team that beat us in the playoffs had only two players that were there from the regular season matchup. IOW they loaded the roster up with players who were not on their team to play for them come playoff time, but we took our lumps and called it a season.

This was a fun year and this was a very close knit group of guys that I always referred to as my boys of summer.

Yes I do miss playing, but know I can't perform how I would like to anymore. I guess being a member of AARP makes it harder to compete with a bunch of young kids.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: