Links

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Vacation Day 9, Back in Baltimore and Back Home

Well this is my last pre-written blog that I am writing for the 2014 vacation. The next blog that you read will in all likelihood be a live blog from me as we are now heading back into Baltimore and getting ready to get back in pearl and head back home to Morgantown.

Our 2013 vacation was a whole lot of fun for us, the only problem is I am not paying for internet fees out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and I had to pre-write all of these before we left (yes I wrote them in August). I shared our vacation from last year with everyone, and hopefully you the reader were able to share with us what we were going to see each day based on our 2013 experience.

One thing that we will get to experience this morning is kind of an unexpected honor. Francis Scott Key wrote our Nations National Anthem on the night of September 13-14, 1814 by what he witnessed at the Battle of Fort McHenry in Baltimore. This is the Bi-Centennial of the authoring of that song and there will be a big celebration this morning at Fort McHenry. We will have a prime view as our balcony will be facing Fort McHenry as we pull back into Port.

We will be debarking and going through customs one final time this morning, before packing pearl up one last time to make our return trip back home to Morgantown. I hope we had as much fun on this years cruise as we had last year, we are already planning next years.

Next blog today will be a live one.

No comments: