Links

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well our three day holiday extended weekend is now over and it's time to get our butts back to work. Still can't think of a better reason to do a tidbits.

* 18,538 days ago I was born.

* 3,761 days ago I fulfilled a lifetime dream as I graduated from West Virginia University with a Degree in Geography.

* 2,362 days ago my life changed forever. I took this lovely lady out for an evening on the town, actually it was Pizza and a Movie, and my life changed from that day forward.

* 1,586 days ago I got down on one knee and proposed marriage to Michelle.

* We have been married 1,123 days so far. It does seem like just yesterday that our friends and family gathered at the Marilla Center and we exchanged our marital vows.

* I have around 6,299 days to go until my butt reaches retirement age. Who knows when I will actually retire, but that is a good target date to start to look at. I have a little over 17 years to determine a day.

* 338 days to go until my 4th Wedding Anniversary. It seems like just yesterday.

* There are 120 days that I have left for content to add to my Goodbye 2014 Blog. That is actually one of my funnest blogs of the year as I reflect upon the previous year in my life as seen through my blog.

*  There are 114 more shopping days left until Christmas. Walmart has started their lay a way program for Christmas this year and after speaking with Val she has already taken advantage of it for Christmas 2014. Good planing Val, in my childhood it was Hills, your kids get to enjoy Walmart.

* There are only 5 days left until Michelle and I once again set sail on our cruise. I've already pre-written all of next weeks blogs so to speak. They are all actually going to be our video blogs from last year to coincide with the day that we will be on our cruise this year allowing you to share what we will be doing day by day but a year later.

* This is my 3,767th blog that I have written for this blog, I will be celebrating one decade as a blogger on a cruise.

* Don't forget to set your DVR's or watch us this Saturday night, as we advance to the Championship Round of Steelers Trivia in three tries. We won it all in 2008 getting Sideline passes and all kinds of perks, we finished third last year after stumbling out of the blocks in the Championship (chris wanted to finish third to be honest with you) to win Steelers Training Camp MVP Package and this will be our third trip to the Championship round. Will we win it all for the second time? Tune in and see for yourself. I'll have my DVR set as I will be a couple of blocks from the Baltimore Ravens Stadium and right across the street from Camden Yards in Baltimore getting ready to go on our cruise.

* After we get back from vacation, it will be time to start looking ahead to the Springs Festival in October.

* I ran and picked up the Pet Carrier from Hayley this weekend (she is going to watch the cats as we are gone), her and Josh purchased a real nice 60" or 72" TV. The thing is huge and it is also a smart TV. Josh makes really good Money working for a Fracking Company.

* This is a four day work week for Michelle and I, but I will be working the rest of the week as I have a meeting Friday afternoon (of all times).

* I had a great weekend, the Mountaineers didn't win, but it was still an overall great weekend.

* I have an office mate who has spent this summer battling Cancer. Friday was the end of his Radiation and last Tuesday was the end of his Chemo. Her had a softball size growth growing out of his neck earlier this summer, this last Friday he got to "Ring the Bell". There is literally a bell, and anytime a patient beats Cancer and finishes their treatment, they get to ring it. He was planning on ringing the hell out of it last time I talked to him.

* My old Room Mate from the 80's got his first hole in one this weekend in Cleveland. Congratulations Gregg.

* I can't get to my Vacation until I get this week started, so...

* Hi ho hi ho

No comments: