Links

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all the pictures that I have either taken, scanned or stolen off the internet through the years. Little precious lost moments in time that are briefly brought back to life in my blog for a day. Sometimes this is is a pretty easy task to find that one special picture and sometimes it is not so easy. It is however always a whole lot of fun.

This weeks picture was actually a pretty easy one for me. As many people know my parents divorced when I was a child and the three of us all lived in different households. My Dad remarried and had two more kids and my Sister Terri moved in with my Mom, my other sister was raised in Pennsylvania by my Mothers Mom and I was raised by my Father Parents.

This was my Grandmother that raised me. I have often spoke of my Grandfather on this blog and his music and legacy, but rarely do I post about the one person who was the most influential in my life. This was the woman who raised me from my earliest memories until the time that Lung Cancer had taken her away from us when I was still only 16. This was my Grandmother Bonnie Hall.

My Grandfather had died when I was 13 and my Grandmother continued to raise me after his passing. We had always had Christmas Eve at their home, but she was getting up there in age a little bit and the family slowly started to drift apart.

This picture was taken on Christmas in I believe 1978, it could have been 1977 the year my Grandfather passed away, but I think this was 1978. We had went to spend Christmas Eve with my Dad and Jean and my Sister and Brother Pam and Gary who I would later live with after she passed away.

This is probably the single person that I miss the most in my life. I've lost a Father, all my Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles and even Cousins. While I do miss each and every one of them, I miss none of them more than this woman. If I could speak to only one lost relative out of my past, this was the one who I spent all my time with. I would love to be called a Mucklehead (what ever that is) just one more time by her.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: