Links

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy You Knocked Up Mom Day

I was going to make this a serious post, but maybe it was time for a little bit of humor since my Father left us 15 years ago. I was going to do another tribute blog, but decided to do one a little more light hearted this year.

You Knocked Up Mom Day like Mother's Day has it's origins in North Central West Virginia, but credit goes to Spokane Washington even though they started to celebrate it AFTER Fairmont, where the first Fathers Day was observed.

I was fortunate to have a great father, he was always there for me and has influenced my life with morals and ideals that still influence me to this very day. My Grandfather was my first Father Figure in my life, my Papaw was the greatest Papaw in the history of the world, but once he passed my own Father who was more of a big brother to me had quickly filled the void.

I honor both of these great men on this day.

No comments: