Links

Saturday, October 14, 2023

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit in a semi-quiet household, Kiwi still blames me for Thursday Night's Loss. Said I covered him up and put him to bed too early and that allowed Houston to win on a last-second hail Mary pass to beat us. He swears if he was able to call the defense the game would have ended with a sack, and we would have won. 

It has been a strange week for me to say the least. Monday I was supposed to start working for with Matrix on a contract job. This time last week everything was all set and ready to go. 

However I was also scheduled to appear for Jury Duty this coming week. Got my notification in August and did everything I needed to do, but it was going to conflict with my start date. So I contacted the Judges Office and I had it moved from November 20-December 1. I'll only have to serve two of the six weeks and it will be the next jury session rather than this one. This is where it gets strange, guess who else got a Jury summons yesterday for a six week assignment starting November 20th with the same judge and same courtroom. Michelle jinxed herself and now will be serving during that term, but she'll do there entire time where I just have to do two weeks. I got the mail yesterday and called her because I received a similar summons previously and then the altered one with the altered dates. Call us the Juror Couple. 

Like I said I was supposed to start training Monday, however with the current world event and considering we will have access to where critical infrastructure was running, the company we are working for Atmos Energy wanted additional security measures in place before we start. They decided that we had to have a TSA Precheck and a KTN (Known Traveler Number) before we could start. I found this out Wednesday Afternoon late, so on Thursday I traveled to Pittsburgh (closest center) to go through the process. I was told it could take anywhere between 3-5 days and as many as 60 before I was approved. Well when you have had HPSD badges, Confidential Background checks for a number of Government Agencies and a Clearance with the Department of Defense, it doesn't take 3 days. More like 24 hours and I had my approval and my KTN. Now I am just waiting to hear back from the client. 

So that was my yesterday and this week. Nothing planned for today. 

Have yourselves a great day. 


No comments: