Links

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Photo Flashback Thursday


Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ photos that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time that I either captured with a lens, scanned, or just stole from someplace on the internet. I like to find just one and post it up and recall or relive the picture to the best of my ability. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it has always been a whole lot of fun.

This weeks pic goes back to somewhere in the mid 70's when I was just a young buy who used to go to the old Morgantown Speedway with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins (Glenna Mae, Ralph, Sharon and Lynne) pretty much every Saturday Night. We would go and watch the stock car races and it was something the whole community used to go and watch. They would always get large crowds.

Well this weeks pic was when I got to meet my favorite driver, who was Mike Cole. He ran the Semi-Lates and was number 38, Jack Smith was the #38 on the Late Model cars, but Mike was my guy to cheer on. Everyone had their favorite, and Mike was mine. I only met him this one time, however his son was a couple years ahead of me at MHS. 

There is a local organization called Lauren's Wish, Lauren was Mike's Granddaughter. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: