Links

Monday, February 13, 2023

Monday

All good things must come to an end, that includes Superbowl weekends and all the other fun that was associated with it. It was a busy but productive weekend, but that must now end as we begin another fun filled week of doing what we do for a living. 

Michelle and I did our first two loaves of from-scratch bread yesterday. I saw THIS VIDEO a couple of weeks ago and sent it to Michelle, so we decided we wanted to try to develop a bread-making skill because it's tough to beat a fresh warm loaf of homemade bread. Last week we tried some frozen bread dough because our rolling pin just seems to magically disappear, so I bought Michelle a new rolling pin that she wanted. We also bought a couple containers to store the bread in, to allow it to bread but not get hard. 

Friday evening I bought my first-ever electric toothbrush, Michelle had been using a cheap one that was ready to give out, so I told her to find one she liked at Sams Club. We got the Oral B I/O 5 that contained two brushes and chargers as opposed to paying $120 for one. It's a different feeling, I've always brushed my teeth old school and never used an electric toothbrush, wow what a world of difference it makes.

So much for the weekend recap, looking at the week ahead, still working the long shifts. but I do have an interview this afternoon with the Department of Defense for a job in West Virginia. Not sure if I'll get it, but they are interested in talking with me which is a good sign. Keep your fingers crossed, this one pays about $25,000 more than the one I was going to move to Fredericksburg for. Wish me luck. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

Hi ho hi ho 

No comments: