Links

Monday, December 14, 2020

Monday Morning

Here we go again, it is time to put those weekend memories in the storage bank and start concentrating on the next step to change the world. It's time to take the collective noses and stick them once again on the grindstone and get back to doing what it is that we do for a living. 

For me today starts what I am hoping is me returning to work full time. I start training with RTI today for contact tracing, I'll be in class all week and then will start working 40 hours a week doing some contact tracing. This should last about a month and a half if not more then there is a possibility that I can go back to doing field work for RTI if the Corona lets up a little. 

I have a couple other things going for after the first of the year, both would require me to leave the area, one to North Carolina and the other to Baltimore. I have to say I feel pretty confident about the one in Baltimore. They are looking for someone who has my specific work experience with converting planimetric data and doing QAQC work for the deliverable. I did this for three years out of college working for Vargis/Infotech when I was working in Frostburg. I think I really impressed the technical recruiter when I spoke to him to a point where he pretty much said it's mine if I want it. It's a very specialized skill set and it's one that I do in fact have and is my strength and I am pretty much a geospatial editor already. It appears to be for more money than I was going to move to Baltimore for last year, so we'll have to see after the first of the year. 

I hope everyone has a great day today, I'm pretty stoked at getting back to work, even though it will be here. 

HI HO HI HO 

No comments: