Links

Friday, May 15, 2020

Big Ole Hairy Friday

Yes it is once again that time of the week that we all look foreword to, when we can take time to cease the labors for the week and take a little bit of needed time out to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It is once again the dawn of another weekend and a Big Ole Hairy Friday....or something like that.

Another Corona Virus week of staying at home has come and gone, but for those of you essential workers who are still working, it's the end of yet another week of working and time to kick back and relax, you deserve it.

So what is going on with me? I think things are starting to open up a little on the job market, usually when a GIS Developer Job opens up, I'm not a Developer, I get all kinds of Head hunters contacting me. It gets to the point where it can almost be a little bit annoying. I was contacted about a 6 month job in San Francisco by 7 different head hunters on Tuesday alone believe it or not. Not that I would move to San Fran for 6 months or that I'm even a developer, but it's good to see the market in my profession is starting to open up. Maybe things will be getting back to normal in the near future. How is it going in my search, it's going OK. I would say this has been my best week since this all started. We'll just have to wait and see if everything pans out, but I am much more encouraged after this week however.

Plans for the weekend? Nothing too major, I did my Sam's Club shopping for the week yesterday, so I just need to run to the Laundromat this morning to dry some clothes, other than that it's a pretty open day. My productive days are usually Monday and Tuesday, Monday's I spend submitting Resumes and researching, Tuesday's is when I have been doing financials and yard work, and the rest of the week has been pretty open.

Have yourselves one heck of a day, make it memorable for you and those around you. 

No comments: