Links

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Conference Day 2

Well day one of the ESRI Federal Users Conference is in the books, and now we are on day two of the conference which could be just as long as yesterday.

Today is going to be a day filled with Professional Development Workshops and visiting the Expo exhibits to see what new and innovative things companies are trying to sell to the GIS Community. Hopefully Trimble will be there as I just got a Geo7X a few months ago and would love to talk to a few people about it now that I am more familiar with it. I know Nearmap is going to be there, and it is a subscription we are considering buying, but our area is so specific, I'm not sure that they could provide anything more detailed than I pull in from WVU.

There is a get together this year after the Conference is over with at the Museum of History (Smithsonian). Three years ago I had to be back in Morgantown in the early morning hours as Michelle was going to have surgery that morning, so I went back to the hotel and got some sleep before I made it back to NETL to drop off the car and pick up mine, then come back home and pick up Michelle and have her at the hospital by 5:00 AM. Tonight I don't have to rush so much and I can go and network a little bit and learn what types of projects others are doing.

Have yourselves a great day

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: