Links

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit yet once again, it's a quiet Saturday morning and I'm up watching something called Rock Dog on HBO. It is just simply background noise so I'm not really paying attention to anything about the movie. I'm sitting here collecting my thoughts for the day with a big smile on my face as the Mohigans crushed the Hawks last night in the MoHawk Bowl.

I swear it's getting to the point where I say this every Saturday, I'm back out in the field once again today traveling to my out of county segment. I've went through it once and have it 75% completed, so it's going back to places where people were not home or to finish up a couple of interviews. I'll see how many of my lines I can finalize today. I have a local segment that has kind of been put on hold due to so many pending interviews the first day, but I can never seem to find anyone at home now. Working in student housing areas can be a real pain as they are not like traditional households and are more creatures of opportunity rather than creatures of habit at this point in their lives and it is more of a challenge to find them home.

Other than that, it's going to be a traditionally boring Saturday in our household. The Mountaineers have already played this week and MHS has earned bragging rights for the next 365 days, so no real sporting events that I will be paying specific attention to today. I may get a recap on the days games, but there are none that I am specifically concerned with off the top of my head. Probably going to be a traditional day of working, chores and a little bit of relaxing.

At work yesterday we were asked to submit any training that we would like to attend over the next year, so I put in for both the Federal Users Conference in Washington DC and I'm also swinging for the fences with the Mecca of GIS, the San Diego ESRI Users Conference, this is the big one that I would love to attend. We have five and now six complimentary seats with my recent license purchase and upgrades. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on both of these especially since they have thrown so many resources my way on the past year, I finally feel pretty good about making these conferences this year. I've been to the Federal Conference, but not the big one and I have met Jack already.

Have yourselves a great day and stay dry.

Hi ho hi ho  

No comments: