Links

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well that sunshine filled Monday that I had to spend in the office while the blue footed booby and the sloth partied it up at home are now a thing of the past. I still can;t think of a better reason to do a tidbits.

* 2,229 days since Michelle and I went out on our first date. It was the day my life changed forever.

* 1,453 days ago I got down on one knee and proposed marriage to this wonderful woman.

* 990 days ago we exchanged our wedding vows in front of our closest friends and family.

* I have about 6,433 days to go until I retire, give or take a few hundred here or there.

* There are 253 days left in 2014 until I write my Goodbye 2014 Blog.

* If you are slow to Christmas Shop, you still have 247 more days worth of procrastination ahead of you. Take your time, you still have plenty of it.

* 138 days to go until my lovely wife and I set sail out on the Atlantic Ocean to the Caribbean once again. My favorite week of the year to say the least.

* 106 days to go until our third Wedding Anniversary.

* 92 days to go until we party hearty with the rest of the Parrot Heads in Pittsburgh when Jimmy Buffett comes to town once again. There are still plenty of tickets available if you don't have your ticket yet. It would be the time of your life.

* 75 days until the Family Pic Nic at Krepps Park. If you are planning on attending and have not notified us through Facebook make sure that you let us know that you are attending.

* There are only 60 more beautiful days to go until Summer!!!

* This is my 3,617th blog that I have written for George's Journal. If you think about it, by the time that I hit my 10th year Anniversary of being a Blogger, I will have between 3,700-3,800 posts. That is averaging more than one a day for a decade. That'll be a pretty big accomplishment in this bloggers eyes.

* Can this really be dead week at WVU? The last week of classes before Finals week? You know, like Dorms closing in about 12 days? Students gone and road repair and construction returns? Woo Hoo I love this time of the year.

* I'm still tweaking my MyCloud at home, I've hard wired my computer with Cat-6 cables, we'll see if that speeds up the transfer rate. I was thinking the traditional device to device connection via USB. This is a Linux Computer running Apache in the background, I need to hard wire everything into the router and see how much of a difference that makes.

* My niece Val was in a bad mood yesterday so I decided to try to add to it. I went to the PrankDial  website and tried using my Google Voice Number (she would not recognize that one) and tricking her. I guess she had the last laugh, she didn't pick up.

* Planning ahead? Want to save money at a great Family Fun Park? Idlewild  has tickets available for $25.00 per person (Normally $39.99). Plan ahead and look for a hot day to enjoy.

* Hi ho hi ho

No comments: