Links

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Morning

Here I sit on a quiet Easter Morning in a peaceful household watching The Hobbit on HBO. I'm up early doing a few things on the computer and collecting my thoughts for the day. I'm writing this blog and then going back to bed.

The past few weeks I have been researching expanding my external Hard Drive where I store everything. It's a 1 Terrabyte Drive that was just getting filled up and needed to be expanded or some other option. I had been reading the past few weeks about a Personal Cloud and I really liked the concept. Reviews have been very mixed and I was a little skeptical, but I did buy a 4 Terrabyte system yesterday and am in the process of organizing and copying nearly a Terrabyte worth of Data to that drive. Everything is wireless rather than hard wired, so it tends to bog down the network here while copying material over. I just got all my pictures transferred over and now I am starting on the Music. I would have preferred a Raid-1 system with redundancy, but the single drive Raid-0 was all that they had in stock.

Well we got everything we wanted to get done yesterday done early. We did actually drive out the the Beverly Hills Cemetery and find Uncle Ralph's final resting place in the Mausoleum. He's inside with locked doors, but we were able to find his final resting place through the glass.

Today is going to be a relaxing day, all of our shopping is done and there is no running around to do. I'll let Michelle sleep in until she wakes up. We're doing a small dinner here for the two of us and may do a little visiting later today if we choose to run around a little bit.

Have a Great Easter.

No comments: